Scenic Seattle, Portland and Oregon Coast
Tour Type: Regional Explorer
Brochure Type: USA Canada and Central America 2024 v2
Connect with rugged wilderness, scenic landscapes, cities and coastal towns as you blaze through lush Olympic National Park, wine taste at a Be My Guest Experience in the Willamette Valley, enjoy a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience at TMK Creamery, and sip, savour and devour incredible food in Seattle and Portland.Dining Summary
Be My Guest
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 7 Breakfast (B)
- 2 Dinner (D)
- 2 Lunch (L)
Dive Into Culture
- Portland: We'll take a side trip to Oregon's green and golden wine country for an exclusive Be My Guest gourmet lunch with the area's signature Pinot Noir in the Willamette Valley.
- Seattle: Dive into Culture with a roastingly good tour of the Conduit Coffee Company.
- Seattle: Explore the historic Pike Place Fish Market.
- Seattle: Learn about the local Tulalip tribes at Hibulb Cultural Center, the first Tribal facility certified by the state of Washington. Explore the 50-acre natural history preserve and interactive cultural center featuring exhibits, classrooms, a longhouse, a research library and gift shop. Delve into the tribe's history joining a storytelling experience by a Tulalip Tribal Member who will share traditional stories in both English and Lushootseed. Then take part in a craft activity to take a piece of the Tulalip Tribe home.
- Bainbridge Island: Venture to Jardin du Soleil, a certified organic lavender farm near Sequim, Washington. Explore the Victorian gardens, ponds, fruit trees and lavender fields on this 10+ acre farm. Deepen your discovery by joining the Jardin du Soleil team as you learn to distill and harvest lavender right on their farm. You'll then work with a lavender farmer to make your own lavender essential oil -- known as a natural antiseptic and to help with headaches and relaxation.
MAKE TRAVEL MATTER
- Astoria: Delve into historic Astoria, the oldest American settlement west of the Rocky Mountains. Visit Astoria Column for sweeping views, then board the Astoria Riverfront Trolley for a scenic orientation. Gain insights into the natural history of the region at the Columbia River Maritime Museum.
- Hood River: Head to Multnomah Falls, Oregon's tallest waterfall for a great natural photo op.
- Portland: Enjoy a tour of TMK Creamery where you'll see where their cheese and ice cream is made. TMK is the world's only Farmstead Creamery + Distillery and sustainability is at the forefront of their operations. Guests will learn how TMK creamery thinks creatively to upcycle remnants from each of their processes.
- : Discover Conduit Coffee Company, Hibulb Cultural Center, Sequim lavender farm, Astoria, Columbia River Maritime Museum, Kramer Vineyards and TMK Creamery with a Local Specialist
- : Visit Pike Place Market, Olympic National Park, Astoria Column, Newport, Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum, Hood River
- : See Mt. Hood, Oregon Coast, Washington Coast, Mt. Rainier
- : View Multnomah Falls
- : Scenic Cruise along Puget Sound
- : Scenic Drive along Columbia River Highway, Olympic Peninsula
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : All transport and transfers shown
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- All transport and transfers shown
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
|Offer valid through 12/31/2023|
|Day 1||Seattle||Hello Seattle: Welcome to Seattle, the Emerald City due to its lush evergreen forests. Relax after your arrival or explore on your terms before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception.|
Sheraton Grand Seattle
|Day 2||Seattle||Coffee And Scenic Seattle Dive Into Culture: Get oriented in dazzling Seattle and get your 'fix' on a guided tour of the Conduit Coffee Co with a step-by-step guide to small-scale coffee production including roasting, sourcing and of course a coffee tasting. Head on to Pike Place Market, where the fish fly low from one fishmonger's hands to the next. Explore on your own to become a market insider experiencing the sights, sounds and flavours of this historic 100+ year old landmark. Dive Into Culture at the Hibulb Cultural Centre for a storytelling experience with a Tulalip Tribal Member who shares traditional tales in both English and their native Lushootseed. Explore the exhibits before joining a craft activity to take a piece of the Tulalip Tribe home with you.|
Sheraton Grand Seattle
|Day 3||Sequim||Travel to Bainbridge Island and Sequim: Today you say goodbye to Seattle, crossing the Puget Sound by ferry to Bainbridge Island. You'll feel worlds away in this charming yet active island community before driving to Port Townsend - a historic coastal town lined with storied buildings and a vibrant dining scene. Then Dive into Culture at Jardin du Soleil, a lavender farm that will entice you with its heavenly aromas. Team up with a lavender farmer as you learn to distil and harvest lavender right on their farm before making your own lavender essential oil to take home. Armed with your special blend and the tranquillity of being surrounded by fields of this calming herb, make your way to Sequim at 7 Cedars lodge for a delicious dinner.|
7 Cedars Hotel
|Day 4||Astoria||Go Back in Time in Astoria: Venture further west today to the wilds of the Olympic Peninsula. In this diverse terrain bordered by the Olympic Mountains, ocean, strait and canals you'll explore the lush and green Olympic National Park. A natural UNESCO World Heritage Site and International Biosphere Reserve designation, the park boasts waterfalls under a canopy of old-growth trees, a gorgeous fresh-water Lake Crescent and the Hoh Rain Forest where you can walk to the eerie "Hall of Mosses" and the wild and windswept beaches of the Western Olympic Peninsula. After a morning in nature, make your way into Oregon to the port city of Astoria.|
Lloyd Hotel Astoria Bayfront
|Day 5||Newport||Dive Into The Sea Life Of Newport: Discover more of Astoria, the oldest American settlement west of the Rocky Mountains, aboard a restored streetcar for a ride on the Astoria Riverfront Trolley. Continue to the towering Astoria Column monument dedicated by the Great Northern Railway in 1926, learn about the experiences of the first people to live in this corner of the world. The historic journey continues during a docent-led tour of the Columbia River Maritime Museum which shares the stories of the legendary Columbia River Bar, one of the most dangerous passages in the world. Call into the coastal town of Newport where stretches of sand invite you to pause and take in the scenery.|
Elizabeth Oceanfront Suites
|Day 6||Portland||Taste The Flavours Of The Pacific Northwest Connect with Locals Dive Into Culture: Begin your journey towards Portland today in the Willamette Valley and stop at the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum. Here you can see a fascinating display of military and civilian air and space craft, most notably the Hughes H-4 Hercules. Then it's on to Oregon's green and golden wine country, to Connect With Locals over an exclusive Be My Guest gourmet lunch complete with the area's signature Pinot Noir at Kramer Vineyards. Arrive in the quirky city of Portland for a sightseeing tour.|
Hilton Portland Downtown
|Day 7||Portland||Experience The Unforgettable Columbia River Gorge Make Travel Matter: Take a day trip outside of the city to soak up views of these magnificent and powerful Multnomah Falls before reaching Hood River. Spend the day on a sightseeing trip to the Columbia River Gorge. Nothing will prepare you for the incredible scenic beauty that will unfold along this journey as you follow the historic Columbia River Highway. Waterfalls cascade from basalt cliffs lining the road. You'll have some free time in Hood River for lunch before enjoying a delicious tasting and tour at the TMK Creamery. On this tasty MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience, see where their cheese, ice cream and Cowcohol and hard spirits are made, meet the 'Cowlebrities' learn how the creamery has got creative by upcycling remnants from each of their processes into a consumable product. Later enjoy a Farewell Dinner back in Portland with your travel colleagues.|
Hilton Portland Downtown
|Day 8||Portland||Until Next Time Portland: Say goodbye to Portland as you make your way to the airport. Or perhaps extend your stay to enjoy more of the the city.|
|Twin prices are per person.|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class