Best of Italy and Greece with 4-Day Aegean Cruise Premier
Tour Type: Regional Explorer
Brochure Type: TT & BV Europe Summer 2023 v2
Admire the art and architecture of Rome and the rich cultural heritage of Florence. Visit the monasteries of Meteora and see the site of the most important oracle in the classical world.Choice Highlights
- VIP Admission to the Vatican Museums
- Explore Rome, Florence, Delphi and Athens with a Local Specialist
- Discover Venice
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and the Colosseum in Rome, Piazzale Michelangelo and Piazza della Signoria in Florence, a glassblowing factory in Venice, the monasteries of Meteora, the Temple of Apollo in Delphi, the Acropolis in Athens, Mykonos, ancient Ephesus, Patmos, Rhodes, Crete and Santorini
- View the ancient sites of Rome, the Duomo and Baptistery in Florence, the Doge's Palace and the Basilica in Venice and the Parthenon, Royal Palace and the Temple of Zeus in Athens
- See Hadrian's Arch in Athens
- Scenic Cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square in Venice
Dive Into Culture
- Rome: During an orientation with your Travel Director see the medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches scattered throughout the city.
- Vatican: Visit Vatican City and tour St. Peter's Basilica with a Local Specialist. Witness the early genius of Michelangelo as you take in the Pieta.
- Rome: Visit the Colosseum, still echoing with the thronging crowds and ghostly cries of gladiatorial combat.
- Florence: Join a Local Specialist to view the multi-coloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery, adorned by Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise. Visit the political heart of the city, Signoria Square.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods, and witness a gold and leatherwork demonstration.
- Venice: Discover Venice with a Local Specialist. The construction of this fascinating city started in the 5th century after the fall of the Roman Empire. Also known as 'The City of Canals', Venice is one of Italy's most picturesque and intriguing destinations, with a beautiful surprise around every corner.
- Meteora: With a Local Specialist, visit two of the remarkable centuries-old monasteries of Meteora, teetering on towers of rock and arguably the most spectacular place to visit in Greece.
- Delphi: With your Local Specialist, walk to The Sacred Way once lined with offertory temples. See the reconstructed Athenian Treasury and pass the superb Polygonal Wall to reach the Temple of Apollo, where people once sought divine wisdom from the mysterious Oracle.
- Athens: Delve into Athens with a Local Specialist. See the iconic highlights of this ancient city, from the Acropolis to the site of the first modern Olympics.
- Ephesus: Discover one of the world's finest ancient sites. Led by your Local Specialist, walk the Arcadian Way, see the Library of Celsus and Amphitheatre and visit the House of the Virgin Mary.
- Rhodes: With your Local Specialist, explore the classical Acropolis of Lindos and the Temple of Athena in Rhodes. These awe-inspiring ruins date back to the 4th century and offer panoramic views of the stunning coastline.
Be My Guest
- Rome: Be inspired by the magnificence of Michelangelo and da Vinci at the Vatican Museums and enjoy an exclusive visit up the spiral staircase designed by the famous architect Donato Bramante in a part of the Vatican not open to the public.
MAKE TRAVEL MATTER
- Florence: Enjoy a local Tuscan Be My Guest dinner with Count Miari Fulcis on his 15th-century organic olive oil estate in the Tuscan hills, used as a location for many famous films like 'Room with a View' and 'Tea with Mussolini'.
- Venice: Learn about the history and ancient skill of Venetian glassblowing, playing your role in ensuring the survival of this traditional craft through your visit.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Overnight ferry from Ancona to Igoumenitsa
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Four-night Aegean Cruise
|Offer valid through 6/30/2023|
|Day 1||Rome||Ciao Rome: Welcome to Rome, the 'Eternal City'. Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and evening orientation drive to view some of this city's magnificent sites.|
|Day 2||Rome||Discover Ancient Rome and the Vatican City: Visit St. Peter's Basilica and view Michelangelo's Pieta with a Local Specialist. See the Circus Maximus where chariot races were held and visit the impressive Colosseum. There's time afterwards to explore the city on your own or simply relax and watch the world go by.|
|Day 3||Florence||Journey to Renaissance Florence Dive Into Culture Connect with Locals: This morning, head to the Vatican Museums with a Local Specialist. Dive Into Culture as you ascend the Bramante staircase, then admire Michelangelo's frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel. Later, drive north to Renaissance Florence in Tuscany. Tonight, Connect With Locals at a Be My Guest experience in the Chianti countryside.|
|Day 4||Venice||Venture to Venice: Your Local Specialist reveals Florence's rich cultural heritage during your walking tour. Visit Piazza della Signoria, with its impressive sculptures, and imposing palazzi. View the marble Duomo and the famous Baptistery, renowned for its bronze doors with relief sculptures and the Ponte Vecchio. Learn about the quality and workmanship of one of this city's historic industries at a demonstration of Florentine leathercraft. Then travel through the Apennines and cross the Veneto plains to Venice. This evening, you may choose to take a gondola ride through the city's enchanting canals.|
Novotel Mestre Castellana
|Day 5||Venice||Explore the Floating City Make Travel Matter: Cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square to see the Bridge of Sighs, St. Mark's Square, St. Mark's Basilica and the ornate Doge's Palace. Later, you'll enjoy a memorable MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience where you'll witness the ancient Venetian tradition of glassblowing. You'll learn how the talented master craftsmen are using the same techniques their forefathers once did and how your visit helps to preserve this delicate art for generations to come. Don't resist the urge to buy a souvenir to remember the special experience before enjoying the rest of the day to explore Venice your way. You could choose to spend a lazy evening watching the traffic on the busy waterways with a Venetian Spritz, or consider taking an Optional Experience to one of the islands in the lagoon.|
Novotel Mestre Castellana
|Day 6||Board an Overnight Ferry to Greece||Board an Overnight Ferry to Greece: Travel south to the ancient port city of Ancona to board your overnight ferry to mainland Greece.|
|Day 7||Monasteries of Meteora on the way to Kalambaka||Monasteries of Meteora on the way to Kalambaka: Arrive early at the port of Igoumenitsa and travel along the foothills of the Athamanika mountains before arriving at the UNESCO-listed monasteries of Meteora. These are some of the largest and most important complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries in Greece. Your Local Specialist will guide you on a visit to two of the six monasteries built on sandstone rocks that tower above the town. Dine tonight at your hotel.|
|Day 8||Legendary Delphi||Onwards to Legendary Delphi: Drive south towards Mount Parnassos and Delphi, where we will stay overnight. Join a Local Specialist and see the site of the most important oracle in the classical world and walk the Sacred Way to the Temple of Apollo where athletes competed in the Pythian Games.|
|Day 9||Athens||Off to Historic Athens: We depart the 'navel of the earth' this morning and travel to Athens where we'll discover the city's rich heritage during our morning sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. Marvel at the Agora, the Royal Palace, the Temple of Zeus and the Acropolis. See Hadrian's Arch and the stadium where the first modern Olympics took place in 1896. Indulge in a Farewell Dinner to celebrate the end of your trip.|
Crowne Plaza Athens
|Day 10||Mykonos||Embark and Cruise to Stunning Mykonos: Board your ship in Athens. Cruise to the island of Mykonos and spend time discovering the town and sparkling beaches.|
|Day 11||Ephesus and Patmos||Continue to Ancient Ephesus and Patmos: Arrive early at the port of Kusadasi in Turkey where you will enjoy a complimentary Shore Experience to Ephesus. Continue on to Patmos, where you might join an Optional Experience to the cave where the Book of Revelation was written.|
|Day 12||Rhodes||A Day to Explore Beautiful Rhodes: Arrive in Rhodes. Explore the fascinating medieval Old Town on your complimentary Shore Experience.|
|Day 13||Santorini||Cruise to Crete and on to Santorini: Disembark in Heraklion on the island of Crete, and perhaps visit the Palace of Knossos. Then cruise to the spectacular volcanic island of Santorini.|
|Day 14||Athens||Disembark in Athens: This morning, disembark from your ship for your transfer to the airport.|
|Twin prices are per person.|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class