European Highlights End Paris
Tour Type: Discovery
Brochure Type: AWS Europe and Britain 22 23
Short on time, but want a jam-packed adventure filled with European Highlights? Cruise down the Rhine River, savour a banquet in a castle and catch your breath as you see the Eiffel Tower in Paris. You'll return home with more than Swiss chocolate in your luggage.Sightseeing Highlights
- Explore Paris with a Local Specialist
- Discover Amsterdam and Lucerne
- Visit the Rhine Falls in Schaffhausen and a cuckoo clock factory in the Black Forrest
- View the Lion Monument and the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne, the Champs-Elysees, the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- See the Lorelei Rock and the vineyards of Burgundy
- Scenic Cruise along the canals of Amsterdam and the Rhine River
Connect With Locals Enjoy German hospitality when you join an exclusive 'Be My Guest' dinner with your fellow travel companions.
Dive Into Culture Watch as skilled craftsman capture the distinctive sound of the cuckoo demonstrating the centuries' old craft of clock making in the Black Forest.
First class travel Highlights
1 Be My Guest
1 Farewell Dinner
1 Welcome Reception
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
|Offer valid through 9/30/2022|
|Day 1||Amsterdam||Welcome to Amsterdam: Welcome to the colourful city of Amsterdam. Explore this city of bicycles and boats before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening, on a scenic canal cruise including a light dinner and welcome drinks.|
|Day 2||Enjoy a Scenic Cruise in the Rhineland||Enjoy a Scenic Cruise in the Rhineland: Journey through Germany's Rhine Valley, boarding a cruise past terraced vineyards, historic towns and medieval castles to St. Goar. The old university town of Heidelberg is our next stop, with its impressive Renaissance structures, Baroque Old Town and view of the ruined red sandstone castle that towers above the city. Connect With Locals this evening over dinner at an exclusive Be My Guest experience. We venture to our hotel in Heidelberg.|
|Day 3||Journey through the Black Forest to Lucerne||Journey through the Black Forest to Lucerne: Delve into a world of legends and fairy-tales today as you enter the enchanting Black Forest. Here, we'll Dive Into Culture and witness the fine craft of cuckoo clock making, before visiting the dramatic Rhine Falls at Schaffhausen, the largest waterfall in Europe. We cross the Swiss border, admiring the exquisite alpine setting and arrive on the shores of Lake Lucerne where we will stay for the next two nights.|
|Day 4||Lucerne||Explore Lucerne: Soak up the relaxed lakeside atmosphere before your morning orientation begins. Cross the solid wooden Chapel Bridge, visit the solemn Lion Monument, commemorating the massacre of the Swiss Guards in 1792 and spend your afternoon shopping in the Old Town for Swiss souvenirs and chocolates. Consider an Optional Experience ascending the surrounding mountains for panoramic alpine views, wander along the tranquil lake shore or stroll around the city admiring the decorative signposts and ornate facades lining the city's streets.|
|Day 5||Paris||Off through the Burgundy Wine Region to Paris: See the changing landscape as you travel into France through Alsace and cross the Maginot Line. Admire the scenic Burgundy Wine Region, famous for its delicious Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grape varieties, before arriving in Paris. Indulge in a free evening to explore the grand boulevards of the French capital. Experience the pageantry of Paris first-hand and opt for an Optional Experience to a Parisian Cabaret.|
Renaissance La Defense
|Day 6||Paris||Explore Magical Paris: Join a Local Specialist today and delve into the artistic and historic treasures of Paris, including views of the elegant Champs-Elysees, the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower. View Notre Dame Cathedral and enjoy a stroll through the Latin Quarter. This afternoon, amble through the city's stylish gardens, avenues and lanes, admiring the sophisticated atmosphere or consider joining an Optional Experience to the exquisite Palace of Versailles. This evening we enjoy a Farewell Dinner with our travel companions and Travel Director.|
|Day 7||Paris||Farewell Paris: After breakfast, say a fond au revoir to your fellow travellers and Travel Director. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
Your coach returns from Paris to London, you are welcome to use this complimentary transfer.|
|Festive Meals: The 23 December 2022 departure will celebrate Christmas in Lucerne, the 26 December 2022 departure will toast New Year's Eve in Paris. We have arranged festive meals for these departures that may replace one of the included meals featured in the itinerary.|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class