The Golden Ring (Summer 2018)
Tour Type: Mini-Stays Trip
Brochure Type: Europe 2018
The Golden Ring of once-fortified cities northeast of Moscow, stood witness to some of the most significant events in Russian history. Considered virtual open air museums, their Kremlins, monasteries, cathedrals and churches feature remarkable architecture from the 12th- 18th centuries. With bells ringing out from towering belfries, whitewashed walls, golden spires and onion domes marking the horizon, they rank among the most picturesque in the land.Authentic Dining
- Suzdal: Dine like a local as you enjoy an authentic lunch with a meal typical of the region.
Top Rated Highlights
- Suzdal: Visit St. Nicolas Church and meet a local priest who will share his insights to the ancient techniques of icon painting.
Included Insight Services
- Sergiev Posad: The main attraction is the famous Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra. Among the colourful collection of churches here, visit the Assumption and Holy Trinity cathedrals.
- Rostov-the-Great: Explore the ivory towered Kremlin and the Museum of Enamel.
- Yarosavl: Visit the green-domed Church of Elijah the Prophet and the Holy Transfiguration Monastery.
- Kostroma: During an orientation with your Travel Director see the fabulous Epiphany Cathedral.
- Suzdal: Explore inside the mighty Kremlin to visit the Cross Chamber and Museum of Wooden Architecture.
- Vladimir: Explore the Museum of Crystal and Varnished Miniatures.
- Vladimir: See the Golden Gate and visit the five-domed Assumption Cathedral. See the carved stone walls of the Cathedral of St. Demetrius.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- One-way Sapsan train journey from St Petersburg to Moscow is included.
- You may purchase transfers from/to Moscow's Sheremetyevo and Domodedovo airports on arrival and departure days, or when additional night accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations. Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
|Offer valid through 9/30/2018|
|Day 1||Your Journey Begins||Your Journey Begins: Board your overnight flight to (Please ask about our great deals).|
|Day 2||Yaroslavl||To Sergiev Posad, Rostov-the-Great and to Yaroslavl.: At 07:45 meet your Travel Director at the Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow and depart for Sergiev Posad. Visit some of the colourful churches of the Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra. Journey to Rostov-the-Great and explore its ivory towered Kremlin and the Museum of Enamel. Continue to Yaroslavl where a delicious dinner is served at a riverside restaurant. (Dinner)|
Ring Premier Hotel, Yaroslavl.
|Day 3||Suzdal||Kostroma and Suzdal Experience.: During your sightseeing of Yaroslavl, see the domed Church of Elijah the Prophet and the Holy Transfiguration Monastery. Travel to Kostroma where to see the fabulous Epiphany Cathedral. Continue to charming Suzdal. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
Pushkarskaya Sloboda Hotel, Suzdal.
|Day 4||Suzdal||Exploring Suzdal.: Your exploration of starts with venturing inside the mighty Kremlin and visit the Cross Chamber. Witness the towers of the Saviour Monastery of St. Euthymius and visit the Museum of Wooden Architecture. Dine like a local as you enjoy an authentic lunch with a meal typical of the region. Learn the secrets of icon painting, using only ancient traditional techniques and natural material, when you meet a local priest in the studio of the St. Nicolas Church. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
Pushkarskaya Sloboda Hotel, Suzdal.
|Day 5||Moscow||On to Vladimir & return to Moscow.: Journey to Vladimir to see the carved stone walls of the Cathedral of St. Demetrius, and visit the Museum of Crystal and Varnished Miniatures. Return to Moscow where you are at leisure for the rest of the day. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre.
|Day 6||Moscow||Moscow.: Departure transfers will arrive at Moscow's Sheremetyevo Airport at 05:00, 08:00 and 11:00 and at Moscow's Domodedovo Airport at 05:00, 10:00 and 13:00. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Notes: Twin prices are per person. Smaller coaches without washroom, 40 seats or extra legroom may be used on occasion. In some parts of Russia, clean small denomination US$ bills or Euro notes are the only accepted currency. Visas: Visas are required for this trip. Please speak to your Travel Agent at time of booking to assess your requirements. Documents may not be issued at borders in Europe.|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class